Junior Club Guide
HHC has adopted England Hockey’s Equality Policy to ensure fairness in sport, equality of access and development and, most importantly, enjoyment in participation.
What Can I Expect from Haslemere Hockey Club?
- MEMBERSHIP – You will receive information on costs, kit, rules and training/match information.
- COACHES – our coaches are qualified and have had the necessary checks to help you play the best hockey you can.
- VOLUNTEERS – adults working at the club have received training to ensure your safety and wellbeing, where appropriate. These include first aiders, coaches, team managers and our welfare officer.
- RESPECT – as a club, we want to engage with you as much as possible and want to hear about what you like about the club, what you don’t like, and what you think needs changing. We respect everyone’s views and want your experience to be fun and feel enjoyable whilst being safe.
- TRAINING/COMPETITIONS – there are many training sessions and competitions throughout the season for you to get involved with and play.
- SAFETY – we adopt England Hockey’s Safeguarding and Protecting Young People in Hockey Policy, Procedures and Guidance, because we believe you have the right to play in a safe and fun environment.
What Do my Club Expect of Me?
- BEHAVIOUR – we will give clear messages on how we expect everyone to behave in the form of a Code of Conduct.
- RULES – hockey has rules and so does our club.
These are in place to keep you safe.
What To Do if I am Worried or Have a Concern?
DON’T KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!
There are a number of people you can speak to if you are worried about or experience bullying or any uncomfortable situation.
Contact the Club’s Child Welfare Officer, Eryl Chant (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or speak to someone you feel comfortable telling by clicking on other child welfare contacts. They will believe you and know what to do and how to help. They may have to share the information you tell them, but it will be kept CONFIDENTIAL.
Where Can I Find out More?
Check out the rest of our club website for more information on fixtures, results, news, members contacts, club policies etc.