Return to Play – Covid 19
England Hockey have negotiated with the Government to enable us to play hockey again, however there are protocols that we need to adhere to, see the list below.
First Be Aware:
The club insurance policy is predicated on us following EH guidelines – if we have an incident and we are not adhering to these rules then “life will not be the same as we know it!!”
The Club has appointed a nominated COVID Officer
Haslemere’s officer is Matthew Tite – his contact email is – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matts responsibility is to liaise with players and EH regarding all things Covid
- If you at any stage contract Covid or have symptoms he is your first port of call
We have to ensure all participants sign a ‘Participation Agreement’ prior to engaging in hockey related activity
- This means all players have to visit this link and complete all the details
- This form is a non-negotiable and enables EH and NHS to track and trace to identify sources of infection
- The club gets a list of all players and we have to reconcile this with TEAMO and attendance records – so simply put – No sign = No play
Record all names of attendees at hockey related activity on a case by case
- This is done through teamo by scanning a QR code
- This register has to be kept in case of any infections – and will be passed to EH
We have a number of pitch protocols that need to be adhered to – please see this page
EH – Return to Hockey Guidance (PDF)
HHC – Risk Assessment (PDF)
As a player you have a number of specific actions:
EH – Guidance for participants (PDF)
- Sign up at the EH portal – use this this link and complete all the details – no sign = no play
- Ensure you are fully registered on TEAMO
- Register your potential attendance on TEAMO before coming to training
- Self Assess before you come to training – and confirm this pitch side where your attendance will be registered on TEAMO via a QR code or manually
- Hygiene – in line with government advice wash hands before and after activity
- Ensure you have hand sanitiser in your bag so you can disinfect if you touch kit
- Try not touch kit with your hands and if you do then santise ASAP
- Use your own equipment – sticks, gumshields, facemasks (if required), goalkeeping equipment
EH – Guidance for Coaches & Session organisers (PDF)
- Limit groups to a maximum size of 30, including yourself.
- If you want more then segment into 2 groups and ensure social distancing is maintained between groups.
- Use your own equipment and clean on completion
- If you have to use shared equipment, disinfect before use and disinfect or leave for at least 72 hours after use.
- Insurance – ensure you are suitably insured for the activity you are undertaking, see England Hockey’s Health and Safety advice.
- First Aid Provision – Ensure suitable provision is available for first aid. St John’s Ambulance advice is available here.