Pitch Protocols/August Hockey
The following protocols are applicable for all sessions. These are based on a Haslemere Hockey Club Risk Assessment and take into account the current England Hockey recommendations (Stage 4) and government guidelines.
These Protocols will be reviewed and adapted as we progress.
(Where equipment or sanitiser is required all coaches and captains are to purchase the relevant equipment)
- Highfield – Drive into Highfield school and take the first right – Continue down to the end where you will disembark and walk down the path to the gate
- The Edge – proceed to the Pitch gate as per normal
- Maintain your distance on the paths please
- You will be asked if you have displayed or suspect any Covid symptoms.
- Your attendance will be registered either manually or via you scanning QR code
- You are then required to clean your hands with a sanitiser on entry to the pitch area
- On entering the pitch all pre match activity is allowed BUT maintain your 2m distance
- Training is to be as per normal other than a heightened sense of distance
- NO KIT IS TO BE TOUCHED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN THE COACH
(If kit is touched then sanitiser to be applied instantly)
- Each coach to have a small sanitiser bottle on their possession
- Each player to have their own sanitiser as well
- Any issues (Specific to children) the child will be directed to the relevant First Aid coach for a decision to be make – parents will be contacted – parents to ensure that TEAMO has their up to date contact details and to ensure they are available whilst the session is ongoing
- Adults – The coach will address as appropriate
- There are NO easily accessible toilets (Highfield only)
(For the children there are toilets in the swimming block these require coach involvement)
- Participants will ensure their hands are washed prior to arrival
- Obviously if you or your child have any symptoms of Covid you should not attend the session/s and arrange to isolate
- At the end of the session children will be directed back to the gate and to the top of the path to be collected
- Adults to continue to maintain their distance
- As a principle Parents are asked to stay in their cars in the car park or leave the site – we do not really wish for parents to be pitch side.
NOTE – Highfield have granted a huge favour to us and they have a duty of care to their pupils and parents so there is to be no socialising in the school grounds.